November 10, 2011

Freezer Cooking 101

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

image taken from 30daygourmet.com (this is NOT my freezer, hah!)




So what is freezer cooking? It's basically prepared and precooked homemade meals made in bulk and stored in your freezer to be taken out and defrosted or cooked through at a later date. Yes, I know, it sounds kinda...silly, right? At least thats what I used to think when I'd hear stories or see pictures like the one above. Since I've been married I never had a reason to precook anything and freeze it, so the idea never crossed my mind.

Then I had babies and I found in the kitchen around the clock, literally. But that was okay with me because I enjoyed it. So again, the idea of freezer cooking was not at all appealing to me. But then my babies grew up and my responsibilities and duties inside and outside the house changed. My schedule just wouldn't allow me to spend long, leisurely cooking sessions in the kitchen. Even though I want to cook and want to eat homemade food (not store bough, pre-packed frozen meals...eck!), I just couldn't find the time anymore to do much more than a quick meal here or there. All of a sudden freezer cooking sounded like the best thing since homemade sliced bread.

So I took a stab at it. There are so many online sources to tell how to plan, what to buy, how to store, what to cook and by all means, have a look, but for me I just took what I had on hand, cooked it and stuck it in the freezer. Some people cook enough to last a month (really!) or others enough for a week.I'm a once a week kinda of gal right now because I have a small freezer and really, one week of prepared food is more than enough help for me, alhamdulillah.

Some additional resources to help you get started:

Is Freezer Cooking Really Worth It?

Freezer Cooking: Learn As You Go

Freezer Meal Ideas



6 comments:

  1. This is a SUPER COOL idea! Jazakallah khair for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea, im gonna try it inchallah.
    Ws

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since i started going back to studying early this year, usually coming home tired and having to cook then taking time studying again at night, that actually had made me think of frozen meal for a while but i thought, am i that "lazy"? So i didn't do it. But this actually just inspired me to do it, why not make life easy eh? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anything ever bothered you in life? Do you
    have any problem you need to solve? A pending
    court case you want to resolve in your favor?
    Health, relationship and finance. Welcome to
    the world of miracles and wonders, there are
    supernatural treasure and power to liberate
    mankind from all afflictions. Why cant you live a
    life of your dream? Why must you work so hard
    and yet earn so little? Why cant you be happy
    with the one you love and desire or why cant the
    one you love reciprocate and appreciate that
    love? Why would the doctor tell you there is no
    solution or cure to your problems? Why would
    your lawyer say you stand no chance, that your
    case is hopeless? Have you been cheated by
    anyone or those owing you money refuse to pay
    back? Do you need a rapid job promotion in
    your place of work? You want to venture into
    politics? Now I understand certain things are
    hard to believe and comprehend, but all I ask
    from you is only 3 days and if you will follow my
    instructions and use the items you will receive, I
    promise your life will never be the same
    again.If you find no relevance in the help I offer
    I solemnly appeals do not be vindictive and go
    in peace. And if your intentions are to take
    advantage of the powerful nature of our items
    for the purpose of evil, I will not have any
    business with you please be advised. May
    angels guide you. All inquiries should be
    directed to the Priest Abija email below Email:
    spirituallighthealing101@live.com or
    you can sent a text message to this number:(518) 303-6207!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is lilian N.This is a very joyful day of my life because of the help Dr.saguru has rendered to me by helping me get my ex husband back with his magic and love spell. i was married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across Dr.saguru email on the internet on how he has helped so many people to get their ex back and help fixing relationship.and make people to be happy in their relationship. i explained my situation to him and then seek his help but to my surprise he told me that he will help me with my case and here i am now celebrating because my Husband has change totally for good. He always want to be by me and can not do anything’s g without my present. i am really enjoying my marriage, what a great celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because Dr.saguru is truly a real spell caster. DO YOU NEED HELP THEN CONTACT DOCTOR SAGURU NOW VIA EMAIL:drsagurusolutions@gmail.com He is the only answer to your problem and make you feel happy in your relationship.and his also perfect in 1 LOVE SPELL 2 WIN EX BACK 3 FRUIT OF THE WOMB 4 PROMOTION SPELL 5 PROTECTION SPELL 6 BUSINESS SPELL 7 GOOD JOB SPELL 8 LOTTERY SPELL and COURT CASE SPELL.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! As always, feedback and reviews are appreciated...happy cooking!